Liquid Gold Milk Bank
This isn’t your mothers milk bank.
This is a database of donors and recipients who we will connect for the purpose of feeding our infants the best milk – human milk or liquid gold as we like to call it.
The World Health Organisation recommends that babies be exclusively breast fed for the first 6 months of their lives to achieve optimal growth, development and health. Milk from the baby’s own mother is the most important nutrition for any baby, unfortunately, not all mothers are able to provide “liquid gold” for their little ones. In those cases, human milk from another nursing mother can provide many of the benefits that formula cannot.
Human milk contains antibodies to fight disease and infection, and also protects against allergies.
- contains antibodies that fight off viruses and other diseases
- lowers your baby’s risk of asthma and allergies
- reduces the risk of ear infections, respiratory illnesses, diarrhea
- reduces the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- saves money
- Are you a nursing mother?
- Are you willing to be screened for HIV, VDRL & Hepatitis
- Are you producing enough milk for your baby and a little extra?
- Are you expressing and storing milk?
- Are you interested in helping out babies & mothers in need?
*Mothers who smoke and use illegal drugs are not candidates for donation.
Liquid Gold Sign up
We invite you to share the wealth. The liquid gold you donate will be given to:
- Babies whose mothers milk poses a health risk,
- babies whose mothers are unable to breastfeed,
- babies whose mothers have died,
- adopted babies
Use the contact form on the right to either sign up to donate milk, or apply to receive from the milk bank.
Post the signing up process, a screening process will begin.